I have been searching for a good gear tips for my wizard in diablo 3. This is the best description I have found. All credit goes to RazeBarb in incgamers forum. You can see the original post here.
Wizard Best-in-Slot Items
I think it's good to have a BiS thread I can bookmark and look up if I need to check items quickly when finding them or planning a purchase.
I plan to concentrate on items who give the best unbuffed dps or overall best stat-budget. Of course this can change for different builds, but I'm planning to update this thread on a regular basis (and possibly for different builds). I'm not the best wizard in town, so feel free to add your own 2 cents.
The following items are considered BiS. Rare items can of course be used, but right now you're more likely to find a legendary than a rare with comparable stats. Just take the max rolls on these as a reference point.
As a general rule, you want items that have INT + CRIT CHANCE + CRIT DAMAGE + ATTACK SPEED on it.
* Updated Sept. 21th 2012 *
(First in list = highest potential for overall best rolls)
- Tal Rasha's Guise of Wisdom
- Mempo of Twilight Can get better rolls than Andy's if you're lucky
- Andariel's Visage Guaranteed CRIT and IAS
- Vile Ward Aside from high INT and ALL RES, not so special but at least they look cool.
- Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit Absolute BiS. No way around it.
Right now rares seem to be the absolute BiS for this slot. Look for 150+ INT, 8%+ CritChange, 50% CritDamage and 8-9% IAS
- Lacuni Prowlers Guaranteed IAS and Movements speed. Look for additional INT and CritChance
- Zunimassa's Pox Zuni Ring and Boots are the preferred items to get our +130 Int bonus from this set.
- The second slot can be any rare ring with our standard stats. AFAIK other leg/set rings dont roll all 4 of our desired stats right now.
- Stone of Jordan Depending on the rolls, the dps gain won't reflect on your stats immediately. Still, the guaranteed 20-30% increased damage against Elites makes this ring a real killer.
- The Witching Hour Absolute BiS. Guaranteed INT, IAS and CRIT DAMAGE. You just need to get lucky with the other rolls
- Inna's Temperance A Monk/DH set? Of course, if you value dps over survivability! These pants always have the dex affix on them, so you'll want these to roll with Int and make sure IAS is at 9%. 1% Crit is not much, but it's nice to have, too!
- Depth Diggers Those pants back you up with with high all res and if you're lucky high INT and VIT. Guaranteed MF & GF. Rare pants are fine, too.
- Zunimassa's Trail Needed for our setbonus (if you're going for it).
- Otherwise you can use Ice Climbers if you get lucky rolls.
Weapon:A good rare wand with 1200dps, 80-100% crit damage and socket will be the best right now, but they are harder to find than a needle in a hayball.
- Chantodo's Will Standard choice for most builds
- Echoing Fury If you don't need AP on crit (like when playing Archon builds) you should totally go for this weapon. Beastly.
- Slorak's Madness IMO a very good wand but looking at the AH it's very rare to get a good roll on the DPS. Many 800dps versions with otherwise perfect stats are often available on the AH for as low as 25mill (EU)!